Time For Some Metal...

Every once in a while I like to update myself with what's new with the Metal world. There's a lack of blogs out there that cater for the heavier spectrum of Rock music, although Mike Copus excellent blog "The Only Thing...I Know For Sure" does a good job.

I tend to get my dose of new Metal music from the UK magazine Metal Hammer. Although not being as good as it was a few years ago in my opinion, the monthly magazine does give away a couple of free cd's with each issue. So every few months I like to go through these cd's and I generally unearth some good stuff.

So check out these brutal tracks and let me know what you think!

This young band from York are full of heavy riffs and melodic vocals. This track is taken from their debut self titled album which is released on 23rd June. Glamour Of The Kill



This track is awesome, theres some wicked breakdowns, and the vocals are shouty but not over the top. It's taken from their recent album "The Tide And Its Takers" which came out through Ferret. 36 Crazyfists


So Thrash is back! This is modern thrash music at its best, its quick, heavy, and in your face! These guys are from London and should have an E.P out soon. Mutant




A chaotic fusion of Screamo, Metalcore and Hardcore, Nato are signed to the excellent Rising Records. This track is taken from their debut album "Kill The Fox To Foil The Plan". Nato



This is an interesting combination of Pop Punk and Hardcore Metal. They are signed to Victory, and this track comes from their album "For Those Who Have Heart". A Day To Remember

Comments